Originally posted on November 6, 2020 @1:30 pm
Social Media Marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach potential clients and turn them into customers. You may think that you are doing it all correctly, but your efforts are still not enough to give you your desired number of followers and even customers. There are a lot of things that you need to know especially when it comes to a successful social media marketing campaign. The famous SEO mentor, Neil Patel even suggested ways on how a company or small business can avoid and prevent doing these social media marketing mistakes and why learning from these mistakes are vital. And, it is not too late to change your social media marketing strategies if you believe you are doing them wrong.
So, what are these social media marketing mistakes that every company must avoid? We have listed the top 5 mistakes that digital marketers should stop doing to have a successful social media marketing strategy:
1. Not being mobile-friendly Most people are on their mobile phones when checking their Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn compared to the number of people using their computers and this is why your posts, apps, and even website should be mobile-friendly.
You must remember that your customers only have a few spare time and can only tend to a limited number of conversations. So, be brief and concise when it comes to the information you want to share, especially when it comes to your products and services.
2. Focusing on quantity over quality Not everyone knows that sharing informative articles and engaging with the readers are vital in reaching a high number of followers and potential leads. However, most people are just creating contents without knowing if those contents are helpful, informative and engaging at all. This is why you must focus on quality posts more than quantity.
If you are hesitant in writing articles and other kinds of contents, then you can hire a writer or SEO person to help you with this need.
3. Not responding to questions on social media platforms Customer reviews are very important in the success of any business. This is why you must engage with your customers online whether they give you positive or negative feedback.
4. Sharing only our content This is one of the difficult parts of effective social media strategy, as you need to engage with other blogs and help each other reach potential customers by sharing each other’s contents.
You can write an article for their page or website and they can do the same thing for you. In this case, you can share links to your page and it goes the same with them.
5. Not uploading videos onto social media platforms Videos in your website and social media business account will affect your SEO ranking. The presence of SEO videos will boost your webpage rank, especially if the videos are optimized correctly.
So far, those are the top 5 social media mistakes we have learned. I hope you find these tips useful while you are planning your next social media strategy for your business.
If you need some help for your social media marketing strategy and SEO services, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be very happy to help you out!